06 September 2011

Busy Week.

Because of getting into town late last night from Michigan, and Burke + Haven leaving us this weekend for a Utah getaway (Congrats Aimee + Nathan...we'll be thinking of you!), this week is going to be a little crazy. I feel like I already have a fridge stocked with half eaten meals, and I also have SO much going on right now. So I think we'll have a couple leftover nights, maybe a treat night out with just me and my 2 big kids, and 1 or 2 homemade meals that I've been wanting to make. If you'd like to join in with our craziness, here's the menu:

*Tuesday: Leftover night (delish pizza from a restaurant in MI last night...more about that later)

*Wednesday: Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps - I'm going to marinate my chicken in THIS dressing and then cook it on the grill. I will then fill my "lettuce cups" (I like to use Boston leaf) with roasted peppers & onions and my chicken.

*Thursday: Leftovers again

*Friday: Zucchini Quesadillas.....yummmmmm. The kids and I are planning to have a movie night in our tent (camping in the living room, wahoo!). Which means we have to have smores. Since we won't be making a fire, we'll make THESE instead. Almost as good as real camping, right?!

*Saturday: Out to eat with my buddies. I'm SO excited about this date. We don't eat out much, and I think as long as we don't end up at Chick-fil-a, Panda Express or (*gasp*) McDonald's, it's going to be a super fun date--just Ryder, Ellery and me.

*Sunday: As a welcome home, we'll have these yummy Stuffed Shells. I'm also working on perfecting my peach cobbler crumb topping. I attempted last Sunday and failed miserably. So tonight I'll switch up the filling and make some Strawberry Rhubarb crisp. For the topping I'll mix:
- 2 cups granulated brown sugar
-1 1/2 cups flour
-1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
-1 1/2 cups COLD butter
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp nutmeg
-1 tsp salt

No comments: