31 August 2011

Over at the Vera's

A few good recipes I've used this week:

I tried my hand at Minny's chocolate pie which may have been more fun than it was tasty. (It was a little too rich for my taste.) Though I must say, the sliver of a piece that was left over the next morning really hit the spot. I used this recipe for the crust.

Sunday we had broccoli cheese soup with homemade bread (I used the recipe at the bottom of this post.)

Monday I made this salad, roasted vegetables, and a green salad. It was kind of a random meal, but we were craving something light and this hit the spot; I definitely recommend it. If you want to make it heartier you could add some grilled chicken, orzo pasta, or anything really. And can I just say, roasting red peppers is probably the most fun I've had in the kitchen in a long time. I felt like I was doing a science experiment. If you try this recipe, definitely roast your own peppers.

1 comment:

Salem said...

YAYYYYYYYY!!! Thank you SO much for this post! I can't wait to make ALL of these things...