07 February 2011

February

It's February. I kind of love this month. Maybe it's just because I feel like so many people around me hate it and are always complaining about how cold/dark it is. Can you pity a month? Although I'm excited when I think of heading to the pool on a sunny day, I actually welcome the frigid, snowy air. So here's to a week of cooking cozy comfort meals...because whether you like it or not, it is freezing outside...


*For the rest of my life I will ALWAYS make chicken pot pie with a phyllo dough top...it is TOO good. And baking it in individual ramekins for the kids makes it look extra cute--and is a special treat for each child to have "their own"!

*Monday: Chicken Pot Pie

*Tuesday: Roasted Sweet Potato and Spinach Risotto (my Mom made this a couple weeks ago and I had a taste---SO DELICIOUS! I actually had a similar tasting dish at a nice restaurant a couple months ago...)

*Wednesday: Leftovers

*Thursday: Soy-Glazed Salmon with fluffy mashed potatoes and roasted Brussels Sprouts (I roast mine in the oven with a little olive oil/s&p until they are golden brown. You can also add some balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, etc. for some extra flavor.)

*Friday: Chili (I HAD to use this recipe after watching the video...who knew watching Jimmy Fallon cook could be so entertaining?!) & sweet potato biscuits (sweet potatoes 2 times in one week!)

*Saturday: Leftovers

*Sunday: Spaghetti with red sauce & Bruschetta

4 comments:

sarahvera said...

hahaha pity a month. you're hilarious. how can you hate february when it has a made up holiday just for us to eat candy? weirdos.

Salem said...

I can't believe I'm going to say this...N das why.

sarahvera said...

trying real hard to contain my laughter in this silence, that is my work. seriously, dad has got to see this.

Salem said...

Yes he does...but he'll probably try logging on to morin@facebook.blogger.com or something. Good thing you linked him here. ;)