05 October 2011

Birthday Pie

Last weekend was an exciting one. It was General Conference, my parents and my mother-in-law were in town, my brother ran the St. George marathon, and my husband took the LSAT. Perhaps the most exciting part of the weekend was that I got to be with my mom on her birthday, which hasn't happened for a few years.

When I asked her what her favorite dessert is, apple pie was the answer. Isn't that a great choice? I also know she loves all things lemon and had been itching to make a cheesecake, so we had two desserts:

Apple pie using this crust again, and a lemon raspberry cheesecake.

And when I say two desserts what I really mean is four. Two is what we planned for and what I was expecting, but we had extra pie filling (and crust) so we made an apple crisp, and had extra cheesecake filling so we made little cheesecake cupcakes. So if you happen to try these recipes on the same day, just be prepared to feed a sugar-hungry army. (Not to mention my dad bought a couple cartons of Creamery ice cream.)

No comments: