19 September 2011

Sort of giddy around here...

*To go with our soup & bread on Thursday, I decided at the last minute to make my first ever Peach Jam. It was SO simple and SO delicious on the warm fresh bread. And it's always fun to bake bread in miniature pans leaving me with a few extra loaves to take to neighbors.

I can't stop smiling when I think of fall being just around the corner. Sorry to you "summer lovers" but I'll take the chill in the air, leaves falling from the trees, sweaters, soup & baking any day of the year. And now, for my "excited it's almost fall" weekly menu:

*Monday: Baked Potatoes (broccoli, corn, cheese, tomatoes, and other yummies on top)

*Tuesday: Corn Cakes--I was instructed to try this recipe "pronto", so here it goes. I'm especially excited about the ripe avocados I found on sale to go on top!

*Wednesday: Had a request for THIS, so we'll eat ours with a yummy green salad

*Thursday: Taking dinner to the sweet Ames family--Broccoli Cheese Soup (also had requests for this...but I've been waiting for it to get a little chilly out...and it finally is!) & homemade bread (scroll down this link for the "Lottie Roberts Recipe")

*Friday: Headed to MI for the weekend. I'm sure we'll think up some tasty dinner for tonight!

No comments: