08 August 2011

Baby Shower time.


Tomorrow I am helping with a baby shower for a cute friend. My mind has been buzzing for the last couple weeks with ideas, and I'm so excited for it to finally be here! Check out what I'll be making for that--oh, and for my family for the rest of the week. ;)

*Monday: Ultimate Nachos

*Tuesday: Cobb Salad with Parmesan Crisps, Cream Puffs (don't be intimidated-these are the easiest things anyone could every make--see recipe below), Asparagus Tart & Fruit Parfait cups (for these I'm just getting a variety of fresh berries, placing them in cute cups and topping with a dollop of freshly whipped cream) Seriously AMAZING cupcakes are being made by my baker friend Annie.

*Wednesday: Baked Ziti with bread & salad

*Thursday: Hamburgers on the grill & Sauteed Zucchini, Peppers & Tomato Salad

*Friday: Pizza for the kids--date night for Burke & me!

*Saturday: Leftovers

*Sunday: Homemade Hummus & Pita Chips

CREAM PUFFS

-1 c. water
-1/2 c. butter
-1 c. flour
-4 eggs

Heat oven to 400*. Bring water and butter to a rolling boil on the stove. Stir in flour. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Beat in eggs all at one time; continue beating until smooth. Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool and fill with desired filling. Dust with powdered sugar. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments: