09 May 2011

This is the beginning...


...of my super busy traveling summer. This Thursday we head to Michigan for my race on Saturday. Then it's to New York. And it will continue all the way through July. So forgive me for random posting, but I'll at least get a few days in this week. And you know I'll be cooking wherever I am, so I promise I'll try to post when I can. But this week will be easy meals, giving me time to pack! Here you go:

*Monday: Black Beans (soak in water for about 4 hours, then let simmer with lots of salt/bouillon for another 4 hours) & Cilantro Lime Rice (we'll top ours with chopped tomatoes, diced purple onion, fire-roasted corn from Trader Joe's, leftover guacamole & mango salsa from our Mother's Day/late Cinco de Mayo celebration with the Noorda's yesterday, shredded cheese and any other yummies I decide...) I may also make some cornbread muffins

*Tuesday: Baby Shrimp & Linguine with red pepper/garlic & eggplant spread on top (didn't get to that last week, thanks to my Mom coming to visit and treating us to Giordano's!). And also a green salad & ciabatta rolls

*Wednesday: Leftovers

For other yummy ideas check out the labels on the right side of the screen...

No comments: