02 May 2011

Spring Week

I think this is supposed to be our first week of "real" spring weather. I'm a little bit excited about it. And I'm ready to ditch the heavy casseroles and start eating fresh, light meals for dinner--like I tend to do once it gets warm out. I think we'll start with leftovers, then my sister's delish looking recipe (how could that not be yummy?). Throw a little shrimp and some salads in there, and I'm feeling lighter already. ;)

*Monday: Leftovers (went HERE for a date night Saturday night. This is Burke's new favorite place. Like, he's been having dreams about Chicken Shawarma. And we still have food leftover!)

*Tuesday: Chickpea & Spinach Curry over Brown Rice

*Wednesday: Spicy Black Bean Cakes (with avocados, of course)

*Thursday: Baby shrimp over linguine with red pepper/garlic & eggplant spread (Trader Joes) on top

*Friday: Asian Rotisserie Chicken Salad + Potstickers (for the kiddos)

*Saturday: Leftovers for them--and GIRL'S NIGHT for me here!

*Sunday:Happy Mother's Day! Roasted Root Vegetable Pizza (and to make Ryder happy, we'll probably have a pepperoni one as well). I may use Trader Joe's crust, or I know my Mom has a wonderful recipe...where is it Mom???

No comments: