18 April 2011

Easter Week!

*made these for a friend who we took dinner to. I needed the fastest, easiest cookie recipe(Burke actually made these!). So I resorted to the "cake box cookie". Go HERE for the delicious, yet super un-healthy recipe. We rolled them in granulated sugar (rather than powdered), dipped in melted chocolate, then coconut, and placed baby eggs on top for the nest effect.


I am super excited about Easter. I've been waiting for weeks to have a reason to make a Carrot Cake. But don't start thinking this blog is all about sweets...I have some other yummies up my sleeve that are much happier for the waistline. Check it out:

*Monday: Leftover Chili. This stuff is incredibly delicious. And healthy. I don't think I'll be able to make Chili with meat for a long time now...

*Tuesday: Roasted Pepper/Onion Hummus (mix Garbanzo beans, Tahini, roasted veggies+garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper in a food processor) & Parmesan Crisps with Corn on the Cob

*Wednesday: Chicken Quesadilla Pie

*Thursday: Spaghetti & Meatballs...it's been WAY too long since we've had this. I always make my own meatballs with ground turkey, garlic, bread crumbs, eggs, parsley, worcestershire sauce, shredded parmesan cheese and anything else I feel like adding. I form them into balls, brown them in a pan on the stove, and then bake for about 20-30 mins in a casserole dish with the spaghetti sauce. We'll have a green salad to round out our meal.

*Friday: Homemade Panko-Crusted Fish Sticks with dipping sauce and Sweet Potato Fries

*Saturday: Leftovers

*Sunday: Happy Easter Day! Because we don't get home from church until 4pm, I'm making this meal as simple as possible. We'll have a Glazed Ham, Asparagus Tart, Scalloped Potatoes with Leeks, Arugula Salad with Strawberries and Carrot Cake for dessert. Anybody want to come join us for Easter Dinner???

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I just made that veg. chili this morning and i'm so excited to try it this afternoon!!!! also gonna try the sweet potato fries recipe too! miss you guys!

Salem said...

Yay! I promise you'll love the chili....miss you too!

Joanna said...

Those cookies look soooooo yummy! And fun! I love this blog and the great ideas. Every time I make something yummy, Nate asks if I got the recipe from your blog. And of course the answer is yes!

Holen's Hoping to Adopt! said...

I want to come to your house for Easter! I am so excited we are in our own place again, so I get to use some of your recipes! Yummy!