11 April 2011

This week...

*It was a total "accident", but my bananas went rotten. I had to do something with them. Go HERE for the recipe. I added some cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla & chocolate chips to mine. And I made them in my itty bitty loaf pans for extra cuteness. As a warning, don't make this at 10am. It was an early lunch I couldn't turn down, and had my house smelling spectacular all day...making me want more and more.


*Monday: Leftovers

*Tuesday: Baked Potatoes (we load ours with broccoli florets, diced tomatoes, green onions, shredded cheese and any other toppings I have on hand)

*Wednesday: Wet Burritos (see recipe below) with roasted corn & avocado salsa (I buy frozen roasted corn from Trader Joes, mix it with diced avocados, tomatoes and diced onions and squeeze fresh lime juice over all)

*Thursday: Chicken with green beans, roasted squash and Baked Brown Rice (recipe from last weeks post)

*Friday: Leftovers

*Saturday: SMOQUE! I've been waiting to try this place. We're going with friends who are in love with the food. And it's been featured on Diners, Drive-in's and Dives, so it has to be good!

*Sunday: Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Chili with Sweet Potatoes (I know it's getting warm for soups, but I've been wanting to try this one...and with 1:00 church, I LOVE using my crock pot)


WET BURRITOS

-1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained (or ground turkey)
-1 can refried beans, divided (I use lowfat/fat free)
-1 pkg. chili seasoning mix, divided
-1 pkg. taco seasoning mix, divided
-1 can condensed cream of tomato soup
-1 pkg. large flour tortillas (I have also used whole wheat before and love those...)
-Shredded Cheese (about 1 cup)

Toppings (in amounts desired):
-lettuce, shredded
-tomatoes, diced
-onion, chopped
-sour cream
-black olives, chopped
-shredded colby/jack cheese
-avocados, sliced

In one saucepan combine half of the refried beans (about 1-1/2 c.), half of the chili seasoning, half of the taco mix, and the tomato soup. Add a soupcan of water; stir and heat ingredients through. This is the sauce.

In another saucepan, combine ground meat, remaining refried beans, taco mix and chili mix. Fill up chili mix packet with water and add to meat mixture, then mix ingredients and heat through.

To assemble: Place 2-3 TBLSP meat in center of each tortilla; fold sides to center and roll up. Place each one in a 9x13 pan; cover with sauce; then sprinkle cheese on top. Bake at 350* for about 10 minutes or just until warmed through and cheese is melted on top.

*I always use fat free Refried Beans, ground turkey (instead of beef) or chicken, and whole wheat tortillas to keep these a little more healthy. The sodium from the chili/taco mixes might put this dish over the top, but I'm not too worried. ;)

No comments: