28 March 2011

Refreshed


I feel so good after a wonderful weekend of family, great inspirational messages and yes, yummy food. You seriously have to make those cinnamon rolls some time--and don't skip the pecans--they make everything better! Now it's back to real life and more recipes. Ryder has been begging for me to make Ratatouille for weeks, so I'll attempt it this week (not sure if Ryder realizes that Ratatouille is strictly veggies & sauce. ;). As well as another Risotto dish that I've been dying to try. I'm on a big Asparagus kick too (thank goodness! 2 years ago I wouldn't have TOUCHED asparagus...and now I love it!). Anyway, hope you enjoy your week!

*Monday: Leftover Soup & Southwestern Salad (I made this yesterday--since I was craving something fresh after eating WAY too many cinnamon rolls)--Chopped lettuce, black beans, chopped tomatoes & purple onion, avocados, salsa (instead of dressing) & a few tortilla chips sprinkled on top.

*Tuesday: Ratatouille Tart (anything made on puff pastry is good, right?) & corn on the cob--we had some last week for the first time in a while. Ellery ate 3 whole cobs, she's just like her Mommma. ;)

*Wednesday: Roasted Asparagus Risotto

*Thursday: Chicken & Bean Burrito Verde

*Friday: Fish & Baked Brown Rice (see recipe below) And I just may have to make a batch of these also... Lemon Sugar Cookies

*Saturday: Lighter Sesame Noodles

*Sunday: Leftovers

OVEN BROWN RICE

1 C brown Rice

¼ C butter

1 C beef broth

1 tsp garlic salt

2 C chicken broth

1 tsp seasoned salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

In a 2 quart casserole dish, mix together the ingredients. Bake uncovered for 60 minutes until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.

No comments: