31 January 2011

Back at it...

I know it's been over a month since I last posted. I'm going to blame it on having a baby. Cause we've definitely been eating well. So I guess it's time I get sharing my ideas again. Here is this weeks menu-

*Monday: Spinach Lasagna Rolls with salad and garlic parmesan crusty bread (from Trader Joes)

*Tuesday: Crock pot Teriyaki Chicken with vegetables (boneless/skinless chicken tenders, frozen oriental vegetables and teriyaki sauce in a slow cooker for 3 hours at high heat or 4-6 hours on low heat) and Jasmine Rice

*Wednesday: Leftovers

*Thursday: Loaded Baked Potatoes

*Friday: Homemade Pizzas

*Saturday: Leftovers

*Sunday: SUPER BOWL PARTY! I'll be sharing my super easy/tasty guacamole. I use 6 ingredients, and I never measure: avocados, diced tomatoes, chopped purple onion, chopped cilantro, fresh lime juice and salt. Mix all ingredients together just enough to incorporate (but I like to keep it fairly chunky).

Other yummies I've made in the last month that you should definitely try are:

*Cauliflower Gratin
*These cookies (may be my favorite cookie--ever. I used Trader Joe's English toffee, and crushed it myself. I don't think these would be near as yummy with store bought toffee bits, but I'd be willing to give it a try!)
*Split Pea Soup
*Buttermilk Biscuits (soooooo buttery good)
*more granola (I've been making this almost weekly. Put it on yogurt, eat it with a bowl full of milk, or just grab a handful as a snack)
*Chicken Fajitas
*my favorite salmon

...and much more! Happy 2011!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been missing your blog posts! I am glad to have new food ideas.

Laura and Clint said...

I made that granola by the way, and I love it. I think it is the best granola I've had. Thanks for finding the recipe.

ashley said...

Salem, I made the lasagna rolls today. So good! I'm also going to do your teriyaki chicken/veggies idea this week. You make my meal planning easy.