13 December 2010

Another easy week...

Going for easy again this week. Here is what's on the menu-

*Monday: Leftover Lasagna, salad and bread

*Tuesday: White Chili & homemade bread (my poor neighbor is really sick, so I thought this would be a good meal to take her...)

*Wednesday: Can't believe I'm doing this, but Ham & Potatoes. This is COMPLETELY for the males of the household. I'll probably just buy a small ham and use the recipe below for potatoes.

*Thursday: Leftovers

*Friday: Pita Pizzas (I've been feeling a shortage of veggies around here, so I'll be topping mine with as many veggies as I can think of ;)

*Saturday: Girl's night! I've been looking forward to this for a LONG time...probably my last one before I'm a mother of 3!

*Sunday: Chicken Fajitas


AUNT RAE'S POTATOES

- 6-8 large, diced potatoes
- 1 c. grated cheese (I like Monterey or Cheddar/Jack)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/3 c. chopped green onions
- 2 c. crushed corn flake cereal

Cook potatoes until firm. Mix together soup, sour cream and onion. Add cheese, then potatoes. Pour into a 9x13 pan and top with crushed cornflakes. Dot with small teaspoons of butter. Can be made ahead of time. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.

*I don't ever "dot with butter" in this type of recipe, and also, thinking of using that much cream of chicken soup and sour cream makes me think I'll be halfing this recipe. We do NOT need a whole 9x13 pan of these!

No comments: