18 October 2010

Another lovely week!

Last week I felt like I was finally in the fall/winter cooking mode. It was fun to cook/bake, and I loved trying some new recipes. Here's to another week!

*Monday: Leftovers (had some of our favorites--the Noorda's--over for dinner last night, and all agreed we didn't do our duty in finishing the food. Bonus for tonight!) I made this yummy salad to go with our spinach/prosciutto lasagna (totally did my own thing with both recipes though. For the lasagna--I added 2 eggs to the ricotta/s&p/garlic mixture. And I also just layered the prosciutto on top of the sauce, instead of mixing it in. It was a very yummy/simple lasagna. For the salad, I used parmesan instead of ricotta salata, and substituted toasted pecans for the Pancetta Crisps. I also made up my own dressing-a little Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, salt, pepper & honey. This was the first time I've ever made Brussels Sprouts--they were SO good roasted in the oven! Try this salad, it was definitely yummy...)

*Tuesday: Baked Potatoes with "mountain toppings" (Until Ryder was about 3 1/2 he HATED potatoes--in every form. He wouldn't even eat french fries. I kept offering potatoes, and one day decided to make it fun. I had lots of toppings I knew he would like--corn, bacon, cheese, broccoli, etc. for him to make a "mountain" on top of his potato. Ever since then, he LOVES potatoes, and begs for Baked Potatoes for dinner. Burke and I will add tomatoes, onions, peppers and any other veggie in my fridge to ours! Maybe even some roasted Brussels Sprouts?!)

*Wednesday: Skewered Sesame Shrimp with rice

*Thursday: Asian Noodle Salad + a special request for some treats to take to work tomorrow for the last day of a loved rotation. I think I'll do these & these.

*Friday: Pizza at the church for Primary Activity

*Saturday: White Bean Dip with Toasted Pita Chips & Apple, Grape and Celery Salad (Random meal, I know...this is what I need on a Saturday though ;)

*Sunday: Roasted Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup with Cornbread Muffins

No comments: