24 May 2010

Two Yummy Recipes We've Tried Lately

I love trying new recipes. Sometimes they turn out great and other times, well... we'll leave that to your imagination. One thing I love about this blog is that there's always something new and yummy to try. Two recipes we happened to find lately were scrumptious and so I thought I'd share them with you all.
The first recipe was a Baked Pork Chop Recipe. I haven't done pork chops much because they seem hard to flavor, but these turned out very moist and flavorful. I'll definitely be doing this one again.

The second recipe was one I found on a container of feta cheese. It's a recipe for Cranberry, Feta, & Toasted Walnut Salad. It is going to be one of my favorites for a while and is very easy to make. The recipe is as follows:

10 oz. mixed salad greens (I just used Romaine - what we always use)
1 c. dried cranberries
6 oz. oven roasted chicken breast, cubed
1/2 c. chopped walnuts, toasted
1 c. tangy tomato bacon dressing
(I used Ranch, but even a strawberry vinaigrette would be fun)
1/2 c. feta cheese, crumbled

Combine 1st four ingredients in large bowl. Add dressing just before serving, toss to coat. Top with cheese.

No comments: