23 February 2010

Weekly Menu

*Monday: Steak and Onion Sandwiches & lettuce wedges with homemade Thousand Island Dressing (see previous post for recipes)

*Tuesday: Parmesan crusted Tilapia (I just make a coating of bread crumbs, parmesan, finely diced onions/peppers, salt & pepper, etc. Basically whatever you have that would taste yummy. Then dip fish in beaten egg and then coat with yummy topping, cook in frying pan with a little olive oil until golden brown) & fresh green beans

*Wednesday: Chicken Caesar Salad & baked yams (I know...kind of random. But I LOVE this salad recipe...and who doesn't love a nice soft yam with a little butter and s&p???? And to make it extra yummy for Ryder, I bake his, and then just before we are ready to eat, I slice off the top and add a couple large marshmallows to the top and warm in back in the oven. For some reason, that makes the yam extra appealing to him. :)

*Thursday: Creamy Corn Soup with homemade guacamole and chips (for my guac. I just add all the yummiest ingredients...and I don't measure them--avocados, chopped tomatoes, freshly minced garlic, s&p, cilantro, diced red onion, lime juice, etc.)

*Friday: Leftovers

*Saturday: Going downtown...I'm sure we'll find some fun place to eat.

*Sunday: Cashew Chicken & Rice (I've never made this recipe before, but the picture looks so yummy, that I have to try it!)

1 comment:

Joanna said...

How funny! I made that same recipe the other night - the Parmesan crusted Tilapia. It turned out really well. Unfortunately, I still couldn't get past the fish smell and didn't eat much of it, but I could tell if I wasn't pregnant I would've loved it!