25 January 2010

weekly menu #3

Here's to another busy week....at least we'll eat well!!!

*Monday: Stuffed Peppers (we never made it to these last week...too many yummy leftovers!)

*Tuesday: Spaghetti w/ turkey meatballs (I just make these up...ground turkey, onions, garlic, s & p, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce, egg...whatever you feel like. Cook them in a little oil in a pan on the stove until they are browned. Then I usually bake them for a little while, in marinara sauce in the oven to warm everything and make sure the meatballs are cooked all the way through) & corn on the cob (Ryder has been BEGGING for this dinner for a couple weeks now...I'm giving in...)

*Wednesday: Broccoli Cream soup (I also add white cheese...it makes it much creamier, to my husband's liking :), toasted baguette & pear sauce (my kids love this...just like making applesauce, but with pears...)

*Thursday: Leftovers

*Friday: Fish tacos with salsa verde and radish salad (I LOVE this recipe!!!! Try it!!!! And like everything else, sometimes I like to add avocados to mine...) & fruit

*Saturday: T.J.'s Orange Chicken, jasmine rice & broccoli (another meal Ryder has been begging for. I'm telling you...we eat LOTS of broccoli around here...we all LOVE it, so why not make it for every other meal?)

*Sunday: Leftovers (I have a busy day...doing our wards "Eight is Great" program...I won't have time to think about dinner!) Sometimes, if I'm not going to do a full fledged dinner, and we're going to be "scrounging" for food, I'll make some fresh guacamole (avocados and whatever you liek in yours...or if you don't feel like you know what to put in, just pick your favorite fresh salsa, and put a little of that in a mashed avocado with a little extra salt and a tiny bit of lime juice) and homemade tortilla chips (cut corn tortillas into triangles, drizzle with olive oil on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Turn and coat the other side, then bake in 350* oven until crispy...these are much healthier than what you'd buy at the store, and I think taste just as good!)

2 comments:

Caity said...

I am quite convinced there is nothing you can't do.

Salem said...

Haha...you're SO funny!!!!